Wednesday, January 20, 2010

College knitting...

The land of the two Knit wits has been invaded by a terrible event... The return to college... All the festivities are now over and we are faced with looming exam results, the daily uphill struggle on the bicycle to college and the "joy" of lectures.
I now find myself SWAMPED with stress and law books!


All I can muster up in the crafting stakes at the moment is some simple and monotonous scarf knitting... Row after row of gentle relaxation There's nothing quite like it for a good de-stress! It's the best kind of therapy.

I made this scarf out of some wool I bought at the Knitting and Stitching show in Dublin a couple of years ago. I knitted it in a night! Then I knitted up a nice little rose to jazz it up a little and I must say that I'm rather pleased with the result. The wool was a little difficult to work with. Good tension proved to be quite a struggle to achieve. But I love the texture the uneven wool creates!


As the stresses of tackling a law degree continue... I can't quite deal with the challenge of increasing, decreasing, intarsia or cables! So I'm continuing with nice and easy scarf knitting!
I'm using Lamb's Pride Bulky and LOVING IT! It's so easy to knit with. I got this big cone of it on ebay for $20. Quite the bargain indeed! I think a Lamb's Pride love-affair has commenced :)

So I shall continue to alternate between digesting legal waffle and working on my lovely scarf! Hope you have a wonderful day!
Love Brid x x x


No comments:

Post a Comment