Monday, April 5, 2010

Something to keep you nice and warm!

This is a little something I knitted up for my friend Yasmin. I knitted it to match the gloves I knitted for her in an earlier Knit-witted moment (shown here: http://craftystudents.blogspot.com/2010/03/in-keeping-with-my-current-obsession.html) My sister offered her sexy self to be my model. You may not believe it but yes, this is in fact a sunny day in the typically rain-ridden Dublin!


I knitted this using Lamb's Pride Bulky! I am such a fan of that wool. Moss stitch was once again the stitch in the spotlight. A little rose served as a perfect embellishment piece to match the gloves. The little beads were a lovely souvenir from the sunny wonderland of California. I picked them up in a craft metropolis called "Jo-Ann". It's literally a supermarket for craft, aisles are filled with everything one would need no matter what they intended to construct! I was in paradise and that's putting it mildly!

I must admit that I am always happy to finish off a scarf. Row after row of the same stitch makes me go a little bit insane. It always takes So LONG to finish as well. I think that now I need to do something that will be quick and easy to make. Quick gratification is needed! Or maybe I just need a little dose of patience. Hahaha!

Hope you all had a lovely Easter!
BrĂ­d x

No comments:

Post a Comment