Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Presents From Japan

I got these amazing gifts from my friend Rosa who spent a month travelling in Japan. I thought I would share them here because they are so beautifully made and nice to look at! She got me mushroom stickers, sweets, a DVD and a an adorable little ornament. Everything was nicely wrapped with delightful attention to detail that you just don't see here in Ireland!


If you are a Hayao Miyazaki fan, you may recognise the sweets from "Spirited Away". Rosa and I have always been big fans of Miyazaki making them a very thoughtful gift! We spent many nights curled up under a duvet amidst an array of snacks, watching his films and then endlessly discussing which characters we were most like. Here's the soot sprites with the sweets:




Here are some close ups of the ornament. He's so lovely and is now standing proudly on my mantlepiece. I love how simple and how beautifully made he is.



Receiving such pretty things makes me really want to go to Japan and explore the craft culture over there! Alas, I think that adventure will have to wait as I am exponentially impoverished at the moment. But one can dream right?!

BrĂ­d x

No comments:

Post a Comment